The St Michael’s Hospice Retail Department is key to the success of St Michael’s Hospice. Our wonderful shops raise significant funds to support the care of our patients and their families.
We have 18 shops all over Herefordshire, so when you fill in the form below, make sure you let us know the location you’d like to volunteer in.
What we’re looking for
- Willing, friendly and able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic numeracy skills is essential for those wishing to be working on a till
- Previous experience in retail is desired but not essential
What you’ll be doing as a shop volunteer
Our retail volunteers assist Retail Managers with the daily running of retail shops to ensure we are able to provide the amazing care our patients and their families need. Whether you have experience or want to learn, here are some of the tasks you would help with:
- Delivering high standard of customer service.
- Assisting with processing stock, display of goods, paperwork and till/banking procedures.
- Assisting customers with the Gift Aid process and with information through phone call donations.
- Ensuring all retail and trading activities conform to current ethical and moral standards.
- Having awareness of volunteer safety and the correct completion of accident book.
- Communicating with general public regarding collections and deliveries.
What’s in it for you
- Lots of fun working alongside a great team of volunteers staff
- See the difference you’ll make to someone’s day
- Get involved in your local community
- Volunteer discount of 20% in our stores (on donated items).
- Annual outings
- Social events
- Winter Party
How to apply
If this sounds like you then we’d love you to get in touch! Complete the short form below and our Volunteering Team will be in touch shortly.
Got any questions?
To find out more call us on: 01432 852090 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org