Volunteer Care Support Worker
This new role is an excellent opportunity for someone with a background in care, a desire to work in the care industry, or someone who aspires to take up nursing training.
We are looking for a friendly, outgoing and confident individual to assist the ward care staff in providing high quality, individualised, palliative nursing care.
As a Volunteer Care Support Worker, you will:
- Assist care staff in the provision of personal care
- Assist with the provision of a safe & comfortable environment
- Assist with associated housekeeping chores (bed-making, surface cleaning)
- Assist with patient activities and interests/hobbies (art, crafts, music, reading, listening)
The following will only be undertaken following appropriate training / guidance and only if requested to do so by a member of the care team:
- To assist the care staff in enabling the patient to participate in activities away from their bedside / IPU (eg outside in gardens) – walking or using a wheelchair/accompanying patient to The Spiritual Space / Café/ Craft room
- To undertake craft activities with individuals / groups (as long as a member of the care team has completed a risk assessment)
- To assist a patient at meal times (as long as a member of the care team has completed a risk assessment and specifically delegated this task for this individual to you).
To apply, or for more information, contact Volunteer Co-ordinator Benjamin Pardoe on 01432 851000 or firstname.lastname@example.org