Information for prospective Nurses and Health Care Assistants
Thank you for taking the time to find out more about joining the Nursing Team at St Michael’s Hospice.
With the state-of-the-art redevelopment of the Hospice reaching completion, now is an exciting time to begin a career working for one of Herefordshire’s most respected charities.
Working at St Michael’s is an opportunity to become part of a multi-professional team and provide the best possible palliative care in a supportive environment with excellent facilities.
Working at St Michael’s Hospice can be a very rewarding experience. There are opportunities to gain qualifications, and we will support your personal career development.
Most importantly, you will be given the time and resources to care for patients with dignity and respect.
Join St Michael’s Hospice Nursing Team and enjoy these benefits:
- competitive salary and benefits package
- transferable NHS pension
- Hospice pension
- superb working environment and facilities
- 1.8 patients per staff member on an early shift
- up to 10 days paid compassionate leave
- generous study leave allowance
- reduced gym membership
- discounts with local suppliers
- individualised training needs analysis
- advanced communication skills training
- excellent preceptorship and mentorship
- care certificate with QCF accreditation
- supportive Education Team and library facilities on-site
- employee counselling service
- free on-site parking
- competitively priced meals and beverages
- free tea, coffee and chilled water
- friendly, welcoming work environment
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (rising to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years)
For more information about starting your career at St Michael’s Hospice, contact Kate Abson on 01432 851000