Could you bring magic to the children of Herefordshire? We are always looking for jolly volunteers to become Elves for our popular Christmas Grotto each year.
What does the role entail?
The main responsibility of a professional Elf is to make visitors feel like they are really talking to Santa’s helpers. This involves acting and dressing like an Elf and staying in character during all interactions. Elves perform a range of duties such as:
- Posing for photos: One of the main duties of a professional Elf is to pose for photographs with visitors. They smile brightly during all photos and use classic photos to contribute to the Christmas ambiance and give customers and excellent photo
- Interacting with children and other guests: Professional Elves always stay in character, especially when talking to children. Children may talk the Elves about what presents they want to receive for Christmas. The professional Elf is responsible for guiding an engaging conversation with their visitors, asking questions and making them feel special.
How much time do I need to give?
Elves will need to be available on various evenings throughout December.
Full training, scripts and costume will be provided for you.
What are we looking for?
- Willing, friendly and able to work as part of a team
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Good acting skills!
What can you get in return?
- Reward and fulfilment from raising money for the Hospice (all services we provide to our patients and their families are free of charge) whilst making Christmas magical for families
- Full training with a supportive and friendly team
How to Apply
Complete the short form below and our Volunteering Team will be in touch shortly.
Got any questions?
To find out more call us on: 01432 852090 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org