Your time starts now
Runners of all ages and abilities can sample the unique atmosphere of a St Michael’s Hospice fundraiser, while trying out something new at the same time.
The newly-launched Hereford Festival of Running has been born out of the increasingly successful Hereford Half Marathon, 10K and 5K events.
Be part of history
On Sunday, 14th May 2017 we are offering more by launching the Hereford Marathon; the only single lap marathon in the area, and one which takes in 26.2 miles of beautiful and sometimes hilly Herefordshire countryside.
With four distances, Hereford Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K runs the Festival has something for all runners, whatever their age or ability.
So if you are a professional, a keen club runner, an enthusiastic amateur or if this is your first ever event, we invite you to run with us in a supportive and enjoyable environment.
Runners will also notice an upgrade for 2017 with help from event sponsors Western Power Distribution.
Those taking part will also see a bigger runners village, all the facilities you would expect from such an event, plus a visual leaderboard at the finish and club team trophy awards.
Registration will open shortly. Whichever course you choose, invite your friends and family to cheer you on and share that indescribable moment when you cross the finish line.
Please note: The Marathon is a challenging course only fit for experienced and/or club runners.
It has a Grade 4 incline which requires high levels of fitness to complete.
In 2017 we are limiting the field to 100 runners. Please contact us if you would like further instruction.
Hereford Leisure Centre
|Advance purchase entry:
|Advance purchase entry:
|The Hereford Marathon||£25||£27||N/A|
|The Hereford Half Marathon||£18||£20||£25/£23|
|The Hereford 10K Run||£15||£17||£25/£23|
|The Hereford 5K Run||£8||£10||£15/£13|
- A warm-up area for runners prior to the start of the race
- Timing chips for accurate course timing
- A post-event SMS message with your official time
- Water stations en route and at the finish
- Event photography (published to Facebook)
- Medal, water bottle and sustenance at the end of the event
- Prizes for the top three runners in each event
- Veterans’ prizes in the Hereford Half Marathon and the Hereford 10K Run
- Youth prizes (u/11, u/13 and u/15) for the Hereford 5K Run
With optional extras:
- Sports Massage (Donations appreciated)
- Professional Event Photography
For the spectators:
- There will be food and drink available to purchase at the start/finish line as well as commentary on the race finishers.
- For younger spectators there will be a safe play area with inflatables
Registration opens at 9.00 am at Hereford Leisure Centre, Hereford HR4 9UD.
The Hereford Marathon registration opens at 8.15 am until 8.45 am.
Race start times:
The Hereford Marathon: 9am
The Hereford 10K Run: 10am
The Hereford Half Marathon 10.10am
The Hereford 5K Run: 10.20am
- The Hereford Marathon is the only single lap marathon in the area.
- It is for runners looking for a challenge as it covers both flat and hilly sections.
- The Half Marathon covers just over 13 miles and is suitable for those wanting to train for a Marathon.
- The Half Marathon course record was set in 2006 in a time of 1:08:57.
- The 10K course has an elevation of just 22m making it ideal for those looking for a quick time or as training for the Half Marathon.
- The 10K record was broken for the third year in a row in 2016 and now stands at 32:57.
- The Hereford 5K Run is off-road and virtually flat, making it accessible to everyone.
- The 5K record stands at 18:28.
- You can add some fun by running the 5K in fancy dress.
Sponsorship is important. Our aim is to raise enough money to fund the support and care St Michael’s Hospice gives to over 1,400 patients a year.