Ferrous 2017 is a chance to put your hearth and soul into a lasting legacy at St Michael’s Hospice.
The hands-on blacksmithing event sees six hot metal forges set-up in Hereford’s High Town from 20th – 22nd October as part of a three-week event organised by Hereford College of Arts and Hereford BID, celebrating the city’s blacksmithing heritage.
You will have the chance to help forge a ginkgo leaf which will live on at the Hospice where it will form a bench to be permanently housed here.
Don’t worry if you haven’t tried blacksmithing before – you’ll be guided by friendly experts throughout your fun half-hour slot.
To book, click the green Sign Up Here now button above.
Health and Safety:
- Those taking part in this event do so entirely at their own risk.
- You must be aged 16 years or over to take part.
- Participants are requested to wear non-synthetic clothes and sturdy shoes or boots.
- Appropriate safety gear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is provided and is to be worn at all times whilst in the forge area including a full-length leather apron, suitable gloves and safety goggles.
- Every effort will be made to ensure the safety of those taking part, but forging hot metal will always carry the risk of minor burns from hot sparks and scale.
- Participants must follow the professional guidance of the blacksmith at all times.
High Town, Hereford
It will cost £10 per half hour forging session.
Places can be booked by clicking on the green ‘Sign Up Now’ button above.
You must be aged 16 or above to take part.
Pre-booking is essential.
Please note that slots may be resold if participants arrive more than 10 minutes after the start time for their slot.